Areas of Talent Expertise
- Full Cycle Recruitment – initiated strategies in startup, high growth and turnaround situations.
- Training/Development – designed and implemented talent management improvement programs.
- Project Management – led teams to PeopleSoft implementation, ISO 9002 and IIP accreditation.
- Interim Management – created own start up co; contracts included as MD of UK staffing agency.
Areas of Staffing Expertise
- Contingent Staffing – delivered profits across branch networks of up to 130 locations.
- Direct Hire – designed and implemented successful programmes in both the US and UK.
- RPO & VMS – managed business units of up to $200m in revenue and involved in both disciplines.
- Training and Development – designed and delivered recruitment training programs at all levels.
- Internal Staffing - served internal staffing needs across up to 7 US States, involving 500+ temps
April 2012 – Date Amazon
Client Lead Recruiter Corporate Recruiting
August 2012 to Date Amazon Digital Music, Video & Studio
• Video – The Amazon Instant Video (AIV) team delivers high-quality instant video to many Amazon customers through subscriptions as well as a-la-carte purchases. AIV works on an ever increasing number of devices, from computers through TVs, set top boxes and beyond. Our mission is to have the widest selection of movies and TV shows available on the Internet with the broadest device support. The AIV team networks with studios, schmoozes with stars (sometimes!) and delivers high-quality video to millions of customers. We handle large-scale video processing and delivery, enable cutting-edge integration with consumer electronics devices like the Kindle Fire and ship highly scalable customer-facing products and services. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set, paving the way to ubiquitous availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality. To learn more, go to http://amzn.to/wy5Miy
• Music – The Amazon Music Team’s vision is to facilitate every online music transaction, from the casual search for information to the discovery and sale of albums, songs, video, merchandise, concert tickets, and more. To achieve this goal, the Amazon Music Team works directly with artists, record labels, distributors, and Amazon technology teams in close partnerships on innovative new applications like Artist Central, SoundUnwound, and CreateSpace, with the aim to create ever-improving ways to connect fans and artists. To learn more go to http://www.amazon.com/musicjobs
• Studios – We are building an effective way to develop commercially viable feature films and episodic series. To learn more, go to http://studios.amazon.com/getting-started/faq
April 2012 to August 2012 Amazon Local
• Amazon Local is a daily deals marketplace operating in over 100 regions throughout the United States and UK.
Feb 2011 - April 2012 The Wetstein Group
GM, International Markets Contingent Sales Recruitment
- Provided full cycle recruitment solutions on an individual basis for LivingSocial and other clients in 4 continents on a contingent basis.
- Assumed additional responsibility in August ’11 for managing the performance of an international team of contingent recruiters, covering Western U.S., Canada, Brazil and Europe. 130+ hires made.
May 2008 – Jan 2011 Therapy Solutions and Healthcare (US)
VP of Operations Contingent Healthcare Staffing
- Delivered 6% ROS and year on year growth in profits of 138% in last 12 months.
- Complete responsibility for financial and operational performance. Engineered a complete overhaul of strategy, performance metrics, policies and procedures within the first 3 months; essentially creating a start up company.
- Planned and executed the development of new service lines in 4 States, increasing brand diversity, job opportunities for contingent workforce, customer base by 20% and GP by 28% in last 12 months.
- Designed and implemented recruitment strategies which grew the workforce by 150%, generating a growth in billable hours of 30% in last 12 months.
- Reduced days to hire ratio by 25%.
- Maintained background and compliance procedures in accordance to internal policy shifts and changes to Federal and State law.
- Launched customer and contingent workforce satisfaction surveys in last 12 months; results including that 100% of those responding from both groups would recommend the company to others. This resulted in unprecedented levels of referrals flowing into the business.
- Tasked with additional responsibility of managing parent co’s internal staffing division; the scheduling of 500+ non exempt employees to cover business needs, 7 days p/wk. Reduced outside agency spend and delivered immediate cost saving of $30k+ by eliminating existing scheduling software and designing and implementing a new electronic scheduling system to replace it.
- Rewards earned by direct reports in last 12 months included promotions, pay increases and recognition in the parent company’s ‘Shining Star’ program.
Oct 2006 – May 2008 Parker Recruitment Services (US)
Interim Manager Corporate Recruiting (Self Employed – 2 Contracts)
- Recruiting Mgr., Williams Lea – led a team in increasing hiring activity across 4 US regions by 25%.
- Project Mgr., Kelly Services – led efforts to establish new nationwide recruitment ‘hubs’.
April 1999 – Sept 2006 Westaff Inc
SVP of Field Ops (US) Contingent Commercial and Industrial Staffing
- Drove $500m performance across 130 field offices and through a national accounts dept involved with managed services, VMS, RPO and VPO models.
- Trained and mentored 16 direct reports in improved talent management and sales techniques, engineering uplift in year on year results in the last 12 months, which included a 5% increase in sales and a 12.5% increase in GP.
- Developed communication strategies and performance metrics focused on achieving higher margin, lower volume business, resulting in an 8.5% increase in Temp GP p/hr in last 12 months.
- Designed and launched a completely new direct hire program; delivering the new service line from concept, through hiring of dedicated recruiters, introduction of procedures, training, mentoring and management of results via performance metrics. This resulted in new sales of $3m in 1st 9 months of program.
- Account Manager for the co’s largest national contract, Brunswick Industries. Earned the re-award of contract in 2006 worth $16m in sales p/yr.
VP of Operations (UK)
- Revolutionized talent management, sales and marketing techniques. This contributed to co growth of 70% in sales to £24m and a 58% improvement in staff retention as a result of improved employee engagement and rewards.
- Designed and implemented new direct hire program from conception to final delivery through dedicated recruiters, resulting in £2m in new sales in 1st year.
- Implemented strategies for higher margin, lower volume business leading to uplift of 71% in net profits.
- Account Manager for co’s largest contract, Westland Helicopters generating £1m in sales.
- Project manager and SME for IS0 9002 and Investors in People certification. Achieved accreditation in both cases at 1st time of asking, leading to brand and customer retention improvements.
Sept 1993 – April 1999 Kelly Services (UK)
Branch Manager Contingent Commercial Staffing
- Turned around a loss making branch to one that achieved the award for ‘most improved branch’ and ‘top direct hire recruiter’ in Kelly’s prestigious national awards.
- Management of 12 staff, running a contingent workforce of 450 p/wk and generating £500k in direct hire revenue.
- Led the branch to performance levels sufficient to retain the Birmingham City Council contract; the largest local government contingent staffing contract in Europe.
Staffing Support Exec
- Mentored recruiters across 30 branches; the region generating the most in direct hire revenue.
- Full cycle recruitment for HSBC Bank, British Telecom and Halifax Building Society, amongst others.